In this course you will get an introduction to digital business development in a tourism context. You will get an understanding of what it takes to create a positive customer experience with a goal to deliver real value at every single customer touch point. At the end of the course you will:
- understand new emerging technologies in the field
- be able to analyse and improve different online services
- be able to develop strategies for a multi-device and multi-channel approach
- be familiar with the customer-oriented approach and be able to implement it to reach customers online
- be able to monitor and analyse customer experiences across various touch points
- be able to optimize for better experiences and interactions based on multiple metrics
- be familiar with the design sprint method and know how to use it when bringing a new service to the market.
- Content marketing
- Usability tests
- Traffic Analysis
- Search Engine Optimization
- Customer Experience Journey
- Design thinking
- Design sprint method
The course consists of both lectures and self-studies. The course is held online, with the possibility of attending voluntary activities on campus if desired. Lectures will be held at the following times:
28.10.2021 08:30 - 12:30
04.11.2021 08:30 - 12:30
11.11.2021 08:30 - 12:30
18.11.2021 08:30 - 12:30
25.11.2021 08:30 - 12:30
02.12.2021 08:30 - 12:30
09.12.2021 08:30 - 12:30
16.12.2021 08:30 - 12:30
Dates will be announced later in the course.
- Demonstrations and proficiency exams
- Essays, reports, productions and portfolio
Tourism in a Changing World (30 ECTS)
You can choose to take Digital Service Development as a single course, or as a part of the larger educational package “Tourism in a Changing World” (30 ECTS). Make sure you maximise your knowledge of the latest in tourism and check out our website for more information.
There is a limited amount of space available on the course.
Arcada reserves the right to make changes.