As the labour market keeps evolving, the demand for essential skills keeps growing. Continuous learning is the key to keep your professional skills up to date. This is where we step in. Our aim at Arcada Continuing Education is to make sure it feels rewarding to develop and expand your professional skills. We provide further education in technology, culture, media, business and social and health care.
COVID-19 AND ARCADA’S COURSES
- We are actively monitoring the situation with the pandemic and adjust our courses according to the national restrictions and recommendations. Courses that are planned to include contact days will be given as distance studies if the situation so requires. If you want more information about how a course will be conducted, please contact the course’s Further Education Planner.
We offer the following types of continuing education
Do you want to have an edge on the labour market?
Continuing education courses are education packages created to meet the need of the modern (and future) working life. They are led by our own academic staff and reinforced by external experts when needed.
- You can find all of our current courses in our course calendar.
Specialisation studies are based on the need of expertise and its development in working life.
The studies are meant for those already in working life, those who already have a bachelor’s degree or those who have acquired such competence through other means. In most cases, specialisation education in Universities of Applied Sciences should be done after attaining a Bachelor's degree.
Specialisation education consists of a minimum of 30 ECTS credits. The Specialisation Studies are tailored so that you can attend them alongside full-time employment.
- You can find all of our current specialisation studies in our course calendar.
Arcada Patient Safety and Learning Centre
The Arcada Patient Safety and Learning Centre (APSLC) provides educational services to multidisciplinary professionals and students in the healthcare sector. The Centre’s core competences are patient safety and simulation-based learning. Most of the courses are held in Finnish.
- Read more about centre and check out all of our courses.
Open Studies courses will give you an opportunity to expand your knowledge in subjects you have a strong interest in. If you want to brush up your knowledge, learn a new subject, language or just feel like trying out an education at University of Applied Sciences, Open Studies courses might be just the opportunity for you.
It is possible to study while working. The education takes place in daytime as well as in the evenings in form of lectures, exercises, project work, literature studies, distance learning and exams.
- You can choose among all courses provided by Arcada. You can find the courses through our digital study guide, start.arcada.fi External link. When you've found a course that interests you, register to the course by e-mailing E-mail: oppnayh
We also tailor-make contract education for companies and organisations. The education can be anything from a few courses to more extensive education packages.
Director, Contract Education and Continuous Learning
Further Education Planner
Service Development Lead