Today sustainability is at the very core of engineering. We need to take the environmental impact of our decision intro consideration and new solutions are needed urgently. During this course you will learn to understand the principles of sustainability and the huge impact that engineering products have on the world.
Once you have completed the course you will:
- understand how engineering can provide more sustainable solutions.
- understand the mechanisms and latest scientific results on the environment, including the climate and biodiversity.
- be aware of the impacts of raw material extraction and processing, and their relation to planetary boundaries.
- know how to Identify the potential environmental impacts from engineering products and processes, and consider appropriate climate mitigation strategies including carbon capture storage and utilization.
This course uses blended learning methods. Classroom lectures and exercises are supplemented with online exercises and excursions.
Course lecture timetable:
30.08.2021 13:00 - 16:00
06.09.2021 13:00 - 16:00
13.09.2021 13:00 - 16:00
20.09.2021 13:00 - 16:00
27.09.2021 13:00 - 16:00
04.10.2021 13:00 - 16:00
11.10.2021 13:00 - 16:00
21.10.2021 13:00 - 16:00
- Individual learning diaries
- Online assignments
- Group projects
- Circular Economy for Engineers (15 ECTS)
- You can choose to take Sustainable Engineering as a single course, or as a part of the larger educational package “Circular Economy for Engineers” (15 ECTS). For more information about the study package, please visit our website.
There is a limited amount of space available on the course.
Arcada reserves the right to make changes.