Sustainability is a very important aspect of the field of engineering. We need to continuously find new solutions and be able to identify the potential environmental impacts that our decisions have. During this course you will learn to understand the principles of sustainability and the huge impact that engineering products can have on the world. At the end of the course you will have learned to:
- Consider how engineering can provide more sustainable solutions.
- Understand the mechanisms and latest scientific results on the environment, including the climate and biodiversity.
- Have an awareness of the impacts of raw material extraction and processing, and their context within planetary boundaries.
- Identify the potential environmental impacts from engineering products and processes, and consider appropriate climate mitigation strategies including carbon capture storage and utilization.
This course uses blending learning methods. Classroom lectures and exercises are supplemented with online exercises and excursions.
Course lecture timetable:
30.08.2021 13:00 - 16:00
06.09.2021 13:00 - 16:00
13.09.2021 13:00 - 16:00
20.09.2021 13:00 - 16:00
27.09.2021 13:00 - 16:00
04.10.2021 13:00 - 16:00
11.10.2021 13:00 - 16:00
21.10.2021 13:00 - 16:00
- Individual learning diaries
- Online assignments
- Group projects
Circular Economy for Engineers (15 ECTS)
You can choose to take Sustainable Engineering as a single course, or as a part of the larger educational package “Circular Economy for Engineers” (15 ECTS). For more information about the study package, please visit our website.
There is a limited amount of space available on the course.
Arcada reserves the right to make changes.