The field of healthcare in the Nordics faces rapid changes. Demographic shifts and digitalisation pose both challenges and open new opportunities. To build sustainable and viable solutions new leadership is needed!
This course constitutes your first step towards leadership roles within your organisation. You will explore new leadership techniques, discover your leadership strengths and expand your professional horizon.
The course is primarily aimed at candidates with a suitable Bachelor’s degree in nursing, midwifery, occupational therapy, public health nursing, physiotherapy, emergency care, sports and health promotion or physical education.
During this course you will learn to reflect upon changes in personal leadership behavior. You will do this by expanding your self-knowledge, team-behavior, cultural awareness and systems
Key elements in this course are:
- Personal leadership
- Team leadership
- Power & organizational culture
At the end of the course you have:
- developed as a leader through specialised knowledge in the healthcare leadership field.
- Skills to take on complex challenges tied to leadership within healthcare e.g. navigating ambiguity, collaborating across diversity, and maintaining momentum with optimism and evidence.
- Grown your self-reflective understanding and your behavior in order to build, guide and empowering teams in the healthcare sector.
26.10.2021 15.00 - 17.00
9.11.2021 15.00 - 18.00
16.11.2021 15.00 - 17.00
23.11.2021 15.00 - 17.00
7.12.2021 15.00 - 17.00
14.12.2021 15.00 - 18.00
This course will consist of online activities only. The course requires active commitment each week, as peer-learning and self-driven learning activities are the foundation for deep learning.
- Group assignment: Create a leadership project plan in order to solve a problem/challenge in the setting of Nordic healthcare. (50%)
- Individually: Exam about different leadership theories. (30%)
- Individually: Personal professional portfolio (20%)