Information to the data subject in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) articles 13-14.
Arcada University of Applied Sciences Ltd
Jan-Magnus Janssonin aukio 1
Business ID: 2553871-2
2. The controller’s representative
Head of Library Maria von Hertzen
Tel. 0294 282 691
E-mail address: E-mail: bibliotekschef
3. Contact person for the register
Librarian Inger Måtts-Wikström
Tel. 0294 282 694
E-mail address in the format E-mail: firstname.surname
4. Data protection officer
Data protection officer, legal counsel Anna Härmä
Tel. 0294 282 888
E-mail address E-mail: dataprotection
5. Purposes of processing personal data
The data about publications written by Arcada’s personnel is used to make visible research done at Arcada, for internal follow-up and for reporting to the authorities.
6. Legal basis for processing personal data
The processing of personal data is based on Arcada’s legitimate interest to process data about the personnel’s publication activities and to report these activities to the authorities.
7. Categories of personal data and the duration of storage
- Information about the author or authors (name, department or unit, ORCID-identification code)
- Information about the publication (type of publication, field of science, co-publication, name of publication, year of publication, number of pages, article number, DOI-identifying code, permanent URL-address, open access, whether the publication has been parallel published, the URL-address for a parallel published version)
- Information about the publication channel (name of journal or series, volume, number, language, ISSN code, ISBN code, JUFO-ID)
- Information about the mother publication (name of publication, editors of publication)
- Information about the publisher (name, place of publication, country of publication, Finnish or international publication)
- If the publication is a conference publication, name of the conference
The data is stored permanently.
8. IT systems used when processing personal data
JUSTUS – publication data storage service
VIRTA – publication data service
JUULI – publication data portal
9. Data sources
The registered data is provided by the data subject.
10. Recipients of the personal data
Data is disclosed from the register through the VIRTA publication data service to the Ministry of Education and Culture, to the Finnish Academy and to the Research Information Hub maintained by the Ministry of Education and Culture together with Finnish research funding agencies and research organisations. Data is also published on the website www.research.fi External link. Data may also be disclosed for research and statistical purposes.
11. Transfer of personal data outside the EU and the EEA and the basis for the transfer
Personal data will not be transferred outside the EU or the EEA without the data subject’s consent.
12. Principles for the protection of personal data
Material in electronic format is stored in IT systems and on computers protected from unauthorized use with security measures including firewalls and passwords. The systems have different user levels, and users are granted access to the data only to the extent the user’s work tasks require.
Material in paper format is stored in locked rooms with limited access and access control.
13. Automated decision-making
Automated decisions and profiling are not made based on personal data within the register.
14. The data subject’s rights
Information about the data subject's rights can be found here.