Vänligen notera att denna kurs går på engelska.
As nurses, we want to provide the best level of care for our patients.
Working together - to not only reduce our own impact on the environment, but also to prepare the healthcare system for the future and to build resilience - will help keep our patients safe in the future and reduce current health risks.
At the end of the course the student will:
- Have awareness of how climate change impacts our health
- Be able to describe the impacts of climate change on human health
- Identify opportunities for nurses to engage in action and advocacy to move climate solutions forward
- At the end of the course the students will be able to:
- Assess the seriousness and urgency of climate change
- Recognize the main effects of climate change, their implications for our present and future lives.
- Identify the causes of these changes and the key processes that determine their effects
- Identify the critical required actions, on a personal, national and global level
- Define key concepts related to climate change
- Identify the major risks associated with human-induced climate change
- Recognize the actions we need to take
The course is 100% on-line, non-stop, that you do at your own pace.
It consists of the introduction and four modules. The themes of the modules are:
- Climate and climate change
- Global and Public health
- Health and diseases
The modules are worth 1-2 ECTS. The workload of 1 ECTS is approx. 27 hours. In order to get the certificate for 5 ECTS you need to complete all modules and pass the quizzes.
In this course there are TedTalks, a recorded webinar, scientific articles, books, blogs and two on-line web-based courses about Climate Challenge.
The course is graded as pass / fail. To pass this course the student needs to:
- Successfully complete the two on-line courses in Module 2
- Pass the three quizzes
We go through applications 1-2/week.