During this course we will take a look at the world of engineering and how circular economy plays a role in ways of working. Once the course has been completed you will:
- Understand the fundamentals of circularity in the context of sustainability in both technical and biological spheres.
- Have the ability to apply systems thinking to identify material and energy closed loops and zero-waste solutions.
- Have a deeper understanding of material and energy circularity in technical industrial sectors, and familiarity with current developments in each sector.
- Have the ability to consider evidence and identify potential couplings of processes as regenerative or restorative solutions towards enhanced circularity.
The study units use blending learning methods. Classroom lectures and exercises are supplemented with online exercises and excursions. This is an excellent course for engineers who is looking to deepen their knowledge within their field of work.
Course lecture timetable:
27.10.2021 09:00 - 12:00
03.11.2021 09:00 - 12:00
10.11.2021 09:00 - 12:00
17.11.2021 09:00 - 12:00
24.11.2021 09:00 - 12:00
01.12.2021 09:00 - 12:00
08.12.2021 09:00 - 12:00
15.12.2021 09:00 - 12:00
- Individual learning diaries
- Online assignments
- Group projects
Circular Economy for Engineers (15 ECTS)
You can choose to take Circular Economy as a single course, or as a part of the larger educational package “Circular Economy for Engineers” (15 ECTS). For more information about the study package, please visit our website.
There is a limited amount of space available on the course.
Arcada reserves the right to make changes.