The Master’s Degree Programme in International Business Management at Arcada focuses on two highly relevant fields in today’s business world: Nordic Markets and Financial Technology (Fintech). While the Nordic business environment provides new opportunities for companies, the field of Fintech is experiencing tremendous growth. All students study a general knowledge course module, and can then choose between these two unique tracks. By participating in this programme you will significantly broaden your opportunities for career advancement.
This Master’s programme is 90 ECTS with studies lasting either 1,5 years (full-time studies) or 3 years (part-time studies), which allows for studying alongside full-time employment.
Arcada is the only university of applied sciences in Finland with a Master’s degree programme in English that focuses on the Nordic business environment. If you or your employer view the Nordic market as an interesting opportunity for personal or business growth, then this degree is what you are looking for. The Nordic business environment is a natural context for Finnish companies to either start or to develop their international business activities.
Financial Technology (Fintech)
If you or your employer are interested in the disruptive revolution in financial services, then this track is particularly suitable for you. Fintech refers to technology-enabled financial services applied to a range of areas, such as payments, deposits, lending, insurance, market provisioning, capital raising and investment management. The program covers the whole range of topics but focuses particularly on the use of data and analytics in the financial services industry.
What you will learn
- Customer Relationship and Service Management
- Finance in a Management Context
- Digital Marketing
- eBusiness and Distribution
- Strategic Management
- Analyzing the Nordic business environment (Nordic markets)
- Planning and preparing market entry in a Nordic country (Nordic markets)
- Establishing and developing your market position in a Nordic country (Nordic markets)
- An overview of Fintech in the past, present, and future (Fintech)
- Fintech for financial transactions (Fintech)
- Analytics and data for Fintech (Fintech)
Examples of future positions
- Marketing Manager/Director
- Customer Relationship Manager/Director
- Digital Marketing Manager/Director
- Nordic Country Manager/Director
- Nordic Business Manager/Director
- Strategic Marketing Manager/Director
Specialize according to your own interests
The Master’s thesis project (30 ECTS) consists of a development or research project for a client or your employer followed by a thesis report. You start working on your thesis project during the second year of the degree programme and get to show your capability of systematically performing a project with a practical problem as a starting point. Based on the development needs of the client/employer you then develop the thesis project in close co-operation with your supervisor and contact person at the commissioning company.
How to apply
- Please visit the Application pages for all the information on how to apply.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Please note that applicants from countries outside the European Union/EEA are required to pay tuition fees. This master’s degree programme, consisting of 90 ECTS, costs 11 000 euros. In case a student is unable to complete the degree within the given study time, the student needs to pay 4 000 euros per each extra semester until the degree is completed.
No scholarships are offered for master level studies.