Here you will find important information on how to apply to the programme in Nursing.
Arcada is arranging the degree programme Nursing in co-operation with Diaconia University of Applied Sciences (DIAK). This programme is part of the joint application in which you can apply to six application preferences with the same application form.
Application is closed. The previous application period was 5–19 January 2022 (3 p.m. Finnish time).
Before starting your application process to Arcada, make sure that you are an eligible applicant.
Educational background required
To apply to Arcada you need one of the following (as stated in Polytechnics Act 932/2014):
A) A Finnish degree:
- the Finnish general upper secondary school syllabus and/or the Finnish Matriculation Examination
- a Finnish vocational upper secondary qualification with a score of 120 credit units or 180 credit points, or a comparable previous Finnish vocational qualification with a minimum score of 80 credit units
- a Finnish post-secondary or higher vocational level diploma
- a Finnish vocational upper secondary qualification or a further or specialist vocational qualification as a competence-based qualification, or a comparable previous qualification
B) An international degree:
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- European Baccalaureate (EB) Diploma
- Reifeprüfung (RP) Diploma
C) Other foreign qualification completed outside Finland
- A non-Finnish degree or qualification which gives eligibility for higher education studies in the country in question (e.g. a high school diploma, an upper general certificate of education, a higher secondary school certificate)
Swedish/Finnish language skills required
In addition to skills in English, applicants to the degree programme in Nursing at Arcada are also required to have skills in either Finnish or Swedish. The minimum requirement is level B1. on the Common European framework for languages External link. Language skills will be tested in the entrance exam.
When you apply to the field of Social Services and Healthcare, such as the Nursing degree programme, you must consider whether your health status will enable successful practical studies and work placements.
Those applying to this field must take into consideration that:
- both studying and working in the profession requires good mental health;
- the field is not suitable for users of illegal narcotics or those who misuse alcohol or pharmaceuticals;
- musculoskeletal diseases, chronic dermatological diseases, and allergies can become a health issue during studies or later in professional life;
- Arcada can request that you provide your criminal record extract before a work placement begins if tasks include working with children.
You are required to give relevant information about your health if Arcada asks for more information for admission evaluation purposes. This also applies to information about possible earlier revoked study places.
Admission in 2022 is gained through the International UAS exam, which is a joint entrance exam to universities of applied sciences. Applicants who pass the written entrance exam will be invited to the next phase, which is an interview.
Special arrangements in entrance exam
If you require special arrangements for the entrance exam you can apply for that as long as you do so by the specified deadline. More information will be updated closer to application.
Application timeline - Nursing
Below you can find the timetable for the 2022 application to the Nursing degree programme.
5 January 2022, 8:00 AM EET
Joint Application opens.
19 January 2022, 03:00 PM EET
Joint Application closes.
26 January 2022, 03.00 PM EET
Deadline for application documents.
Feb- March 2022 International UAS Exam
The International UAS exam consisting of the written part as well as an interview will be held in February-March.
15 July 2022 03:00 PM EET
Deadline for accepting study place offer.