"My main teaching and research interest include digital marketing and consumer adoption and use of technologies in different industries such as retail and tourism. "
Niklas Eriksson holds a PhD in Information Systems. His main area of teaching and research is digital marketing and technology adoption in retail and the travel and tourism sectors. His research publications have appeared in Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology, International Journal of eServices and mobile applications, and Tourism & Management Studies. He is also involved in a Nordic research collaboration project on digital shoppers and the future of retail.
- Pawar, S., Fagerstrøm, A., Dimude, I. A . Z,, Sigurdsson, V. & Eriksson, N. (2019). Examining the Relative Impact of Professional Profile Images and Facial Expressions in Small Business-to-Business Marketing Online, Interacting with Computers, 31 (1), pp. 83-94.
- Eriksson, N., Rosenbröijer, C-J. & Fagerstrøm, A. (2018). Smartphones as decision support in retail stores – The role of product category and gender. Procedia Computer Science 138 (2018), pp. 508-515.
- Fagerstrøm, A., Eriksson, N. & Sigurdsson, V. (2017). What’s the “Thing” in Internet of Things in Grocery Shopping? A Customer Approach, Procedia Computer Science 121 (2017), pp. 384 – 388
- Eriksson, N., Rosenbröijer, C-J. & Fagerstrøm, A. (2017). The relationship between young consumers’ decision-making styles and propensity to shop clothing online with a smartphone, Procedia Computer Science 121 (2017), pp. 519–524
- Fagerstrøm, A., Sigurdsson, V., Lillemoen, M. & Eriksson, N. (2017). Understanding the impact of content in social media advertising, in: Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Internet Technologies & Society, December 2017, Sydney, Australia.
- Eriksson, N. & Fagerstrøm, A. (2017). The Relative Impact of Wi-Fi on Consumers’ hotel bookings online. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research, pp. 1- 18. doi: 10.1177/1096348017696844 7. Fabricius, S. & Eriksson, N. (2017). Young-Elderly Travellers’ use of Social media for Travel Purposes. Tourism & Management Studies, 13(1). doi: 10.18089/tms.2017.13104