Maria Forss is currently Head of the department of Healthcare at Arcada. Forss has developed the following competences through her studies and her working experience:
- Change management and change agency – Forss is a solutions-driven change agent and works actively with competence driven new study plan for Bachelor and Master students.
- Creating effective learning solutions - with the creation of online courses and by applying flipped classroom solutions for the students Forss has competencies in creating alternative pedagogical solutions which result in effective learning situations.
- E-Health becomes central in research, teaching and many of the activities she participates in.
- Nordic perspective - in co creation with other Nordic universities and programs Forss has devolved skills in Nordic networking around courses. Nordic leadership and Nordic perspective is a central focal point in all of her activities.
- Social innovation skills - by working on community based projects with a client driven perspective Forss has developed a deep understanding of the importance for these combinations.
- Gender sensitivity - by combining theoretical knowledge and practical issues Forss has been able to develop alternative teaching methods about gender and power which can be helpful in creating more critical knowledge for students about society.