Rights of the data subject
For some rights, reference is made to one or several legal bases for processing personal data. You will find the legal bases for processing the data in the privacy notices, section 6.
- You have the right to know if Arcada processes your personal data and to get information about how your data is processed. You also have the right to receive a copy of your personal data.
- You can find information about how your personal data is processed in the privacy notices.
- If you are a student at Arcada, you can easily check most of the data that is processed in the student register by logging in to ASTA (system for study administration) and itslearning (online learning environment). You can and should also update your contact information in ASTA.
- You have the right to get inaccurate data rectified.
- You have the right to get your data erased if the processing is based on your consent or if the data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
- If you have asked for rectification of inaccurate data, you have the right to require that the processing of personal data is restricted during the time it takes for Arcada to verify the accuracy of the personal data.
- You have the right to obtain the personal data that you have given to Arcada in a machine-readable format and have it transmitted to another organization, if the processing is based on your consent or a contract and the processing is carried out by automated means.
- You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal data if the basis for the processing is a task carried out in the public interest, the exercise of official authority or legitimate interests. You also have the right to object to your data being used for direct marketing purposes.
- You have the right not to be subjected to decisions based on automated methods alone, including profiling.
- You can find information about automated decision-making, including profiling, in the privacy notices, section 13.
- If the processing is based on your consent, you may at any time withdraw your consent. The withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of the processing before the withdrawal.
- You have the right to file a complaint with the Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman (www.tietosuoja.fi)
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact email@example.com. Please let us know which right you want to exercise, what register your request refers to and whether you work or study at Arcada. If you have any questions about the data protection work at Arcada, please use the same e-mail address to contact us.