Transfer application

A transfer student is a student who transfers his/her right to study at a Bachelor-level degree programme from another Finnish polytechnic/university of applied sciences (UAS) to Arcada. It is not possible to apply for transfer from a university/university of applied sciences outside of Finland (such applicant must apply through the normal joint application).


You may apply for a transfer of your right to study to Arcada if you:

  1. Have a valid right to study at a polytechnic/UAS in Finland.
  2. Are studying at a Bachelor-level degree programme that corresponds to the Bachelor-level degree programme at Arcada you want to transfer to.
  3. Have been registered as present at your current institution for at least one year by the time the transfer takes place.
  4. Have achieved at least 50 credits (relevant for the degree) per academic year and thereby shown such progress that makes it possible for you to graduate within the prescribed study time (norm time + 1 year).
  5. If you have the formal eligibility for studies at a polytechnic/university of applied sciences.

In making the decision whether or not your application for transfer will be granted your previous study success and motive for the transfer will be taken into account. You may be asked to have a discussion with the degree programme director and undertake a separate language test



The application is made using the proper form, which is available below during the application times in spring and autumn. The next application period is 2 - 16 May 2017.

Please fill out the form carefully and submit the following supplements:

  1. A study certificate showing that you have a valid right to study, when your studies started and possible periods of absence.
  2. An official transcript of records.
  3. A list of any courses still missing from the transcript of records (courses you are currently taking but which are not yet registered on your transcript of records).
  4. Course descriptions of the courses included on your transcript of records.
  5. A motivational letter including the reasons for the application for transfer.
  6. Copies of your senior secondary/high school certificates and English language certificates (IELTS/TOEFL).


All English degree programmes at Arcada include compulsory courses in Swedish. If you at your current UAS have studied compulsory Finnish, you are still expected to also study Swedish at Arcada.


If you have questions regarding transfer, please contact Arcada Admissions Services.
Phone: 0207 699 699


Contact us