NB! The information below is valid for 2019 only. There may be changes in 2020.
A transfer student is a student who transfers his/her right to study at a Bachelor-level degree programme from another Finnish university of applied sciences (UAS) or university to Arcada. It is not possible to apply for transfer from a university/university of applied sciences outside of Finland (such applicant must apply through the normal joint application).
Arcada accepts transfer applications only in spring. Application is open during the first two weeks of May. The next application is open 30 April -15 May 2020.
Transfer application open only to Materials Processing Technology.
There are currently no vacant study places in the degree programmes Nursing or International Business, which is why transfer application is opened only to the degree programme in Materials Processing Technology.
You may apply for a transfer of your right to study to Arcada if you:
- Have a valid right to study at a UAS in Finland.
- Are studying at a Bachelor-level degree programme that corresponds to the Bachelor-level degree programme at Arcada you want to transfer to. NB! This means that it is not possible to apply for transfer between Arcada's own Bachelor-level programmes as they do not correspond to each other.
- Have been registered as present at your current institution for at least one year by the time the transfer takes place.
- Have achieved at least 50 credits (relevant for the degree) per academic year and thereby shown such progress that makes it possible for you to graduate within the prescribed study time (norm time + 1 year).
- If you have the formal eligibility for studies at a university of applied sciences.
In making the decision whether or not your application for transfer will be granted your previous study success and motive for the transfer will be taken into account. You may be asked to have a discussion with the degree programme director and undertake a separate language test
The application is made using the proper form, which is available during the application period 2 - 16 May 2019. The application and supplements must arrive at Arcada on 16 May 2019 at the latest.
Please fill out the form carefully and submit the following supplements:
- A study certificate showing that you have a valid right to study, when your studies started and possible periods of absence.
- An official transcript of records.
- A list of any courses still missing from the transcript of records (courses you are currently taking but which are not yet registered on your transcript of records).
- Course descriptions of the courses included on your transcript of records.
- A motivational letter including the reasons for the application for transfer.
- Copies of your senior secondary/high school certificates and English language certificates (IELTS/TOEFL).
All English degree programmes at Arcada include compulsory courses in Swedish. If you at your current UAS have studied compulsory Finnish, you are still expected to also study Swedish at Arcada.
If you are a tuition fee paying student, please note that if you apply for transfer to Arcada you must pay the first year's tuition fee in full. Scholarships are available only from year two.
If you have questions regarding transfer, please contact Arcada Admissions Services.
Phone: 0207 699 699