Educational background required
To apply to Arcada you need one of the following (as stated in Polytechnics Act 932/2014):
A) A Finnish degree:
- the Finnish general upper secondary school syllabus and/or the Finnish Matriculation Examination
- a Finnish vocational upper secondary qualification with a score of 120 credit units or 180 credit points, or a comparable previous Finnish vocational qualification with a minimum score of 80 credit units
- a Finnish post-secondary or higher vocational level diploma
- a Finnish vocational upper secondary qualification or a further or specialist vocational qualification as a competence-based qualification, or a comparable previous qualification
B) An international degree:
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- European Baccalaureate (EB) Diploma
- Reifeprüfung (RP) Diploma
C) Other foreign qualification completed outside Finland
- A non-Finnish degree or qualification which gives eligibility for higher education studies in the country in question (e.g. a high school diploma, an upper general certificate of education, a higher secondary school certificate)
Please note that Arcada uses discretionary admission to the degree programmes in International Business and Mechanical and Sustainability Engineering. This means that we can consider also an applicant who does not meet the formal eligibility criteria mentioned above. Discretionary admission is considered case by case.
Read more about discretionary admission.
Open Path Studies
Are you not eligible but would still like to study for a Bachelor's degree? Then Open Path Studies offer an excellent alternative for you! You study alongside the degree students and participate in the regular education provided by Arcada. You can apply for admission to continue your studies within the same degree programme as a degree student when you have met the requirements for becoming a degree student stipulated the year you started your open path studies.
Read more about Open Studies at Arcada.